We're Hiring - Software Developer w/AI focus
Please note this position requires a completed Ph.D. in an appropriate field of study within the last 5 years.
Who we are:
SmartCone Technologies is a tech start-up in Stittsville, Ottawa. Our mission is to be the market leader in rapid deployable IoT technologies & platforms that delivers site safety & operational efficiency for large private or public organizations. TheSmartCone is a turnkey system that delivers an end-to-end solution for deploying sensor devices rapidly in a mobile environment.
Do you love being at the heart of the action? Are you looking for a role where you make an impact? There’s always a lot on the go, so if you’re driven, energetic, a strong collaborator and passionate about taking ownership of processes, this role could be perfect for you! This position offers a high-level of autonomy and exposure to the wide variety of ever evolving technologies.
We are looking for a Software Developer with a focus on Artificial Intelligence.
The successful candidate develops information systems by studying operations; designing, developing, and installing software solutions; supports and develops software team.
We expect you to have the ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills. Creative engineering balanced with high quality and a customer focus. You must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast-paced environment.
· Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
· Developing AI and machine learning technology.
· Write software to support the design, development and deployment of machine learning and AI systems.
· Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
· Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
· Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming
· Improve operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures
· Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues
· Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
· Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products
· Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
· Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
· Be a persistent, creative problem solver
· Remain cool and effective in a crisis
· Stay on the leading edge of development practices
· Passionate about great technologies, especially open source
· Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them
· This position requires a completed Ph.D. in an appropriate field of study within the last 5 years.
· Experienced in AI software development.
· Ability to analyze, visualize, and model large amounts of data.
· Ability to build and implement new machine learning models.
· Ability to write software to support the design, development and deployment of machine learning and AI systems.
· Make data more understandable for businesses.
· 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
· Strong OOP and/or Functional Programing and modeling skills.
· Knowledge of microcontroller programming is a bonus.
· Strong skills in Linux (Ubuntu/Debian).
· Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
· Experience with Visual Studio Code.
· Comfortable with Git (GitHub/Bitbucket).
· Experience coding, testing, and documenting software.
· Experience working in an agile environment.
· Experience building complex systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines.
· Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent